I am an User Experience – Interaction designer and academic based in Melbourne, Australia. I have completed Master Degree of Interaction Design (Research) at Monash University in 2011.
My interest lies primarily in User Experience Design dealing with nature – public space, human experience / interaction and new technology for interactive installations and mobile devices. My several works had received awards in the Korea Design Exhibition in 2009, 2010 and 2011. I am the Recommended Designer by Korea Institution of Design Promotion (KIDP) since 2011.
A number of projects and papers also presented at conferences; ISEA2014, CHI2015, ISEA2015, ISMAR2016 and HCII2017. I have recently completed a PhD of Design (Social Interaction Design) degree in MADA | Monash University Art, Design & Architecture, and working as Associate Teaching – Tutor or Lecturer as well as working at Symphonic Pixels as Creative Technology Director.
Yun Tae Nam is a part-time lecturer in the Faculty of MADA | Monash University Art, Design & Architecture, as well as a member of sensiLab.
Yun Tae Nam has the diversity of experiences and skills as the Tutor or Lecturer for the following units in the Faculty of MADA since 2009 – present:
- VCM1001 – Visual Communication Design (Bachelor) – 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013
- DIS1103 – Digital Processes for Art and Design 1 (Bachelor) – 2011, 2012
- MMD1302 – Multimedia & Digital Arts Studio A (Bachelor) – 2011, 2012
- DIS2105 – Digital Imaging (Bachelor) – 2012
- DIS2909 – Electronic Design (Bachelor) – 2014
- MMD3307 – 3308 – Digital Design & Art Studio (Bachelor)- 2013, 2014, 2015
- CDS1002 – Communication Design Studio (Bachelor) – 2014, 2015
- VCM4601 – Design Principles for Multimedia 1 (Master) – 2009, 2010, 2011
- VCM4602 – Design Principles for Multimedia 2 (Master) – 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012
- MMD5002 – Multimedia Design Studio 2 (Master) – 2015
- VCM4029 – Designing Multimedia Systems (Master) – 2014, 2015, 2016
Research interests and skills
User Experience Design, Interaction Design, User Interface Design, HCI (Human-Computer-Interaction), Social Change – Social Interaction and Experience, Media Art Installations, Mobile Application Design, Augmented Reality, Virtual Reality, Mixed Reality, Generative Art, Motion graphic, Projection Mapping…
- Fabrication – 3D Print, Laser cuts
- Adobe CC – Experience Design, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, After Effects, Edge Animate, Muse
- Programming – Unity3D, TouchDesigner
- 3D Animation – Maya, 3D Max, Cinema 4D
Yun Tae Nam has awareness of the important role of UX – Interaction designer from concept to delivery for customers and ability to translate creative works to a range of teams in a clear understanding of articulating what is essential for design decisions focused on user-centered approach.